Mod Turbo Class
Hot off the win at the 2020 Inaugural Sand Outlaws Race, #TeamEVP got to work building a brand-new Desert Storm Mod Turbo Class Can Am X3, with a knockout debut performance at Race #2 in Little Sahara in their crosshairs.
Making the 6000-mile 2017 Can Am X3 XDS race-ready would mean a complete ‘bones-up’ rebuild to meet all the race criteria for the Mod Turbo Class. At the heart of the machine is the all-new EVP DS-500RX Engine, Turbo and Clutching System. Additional industry-leading products were installed, combining to create one hellava car!
The newly unveiled beast not only looked impressive, but it ran even better than it looked! Desert Storm ran the entire event without a single loss, winning the Mod Turbo Class! Not only that, an EVP built, stock ECU vehicle running the all new DS-500RX turbo system finished second place and a stock ECU DS-420X won third place. All-in-all, EVP stock ECU DS cars finished 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 9th
Desert Storm Build List:
- EVP DS-500RX Engine/Turbo package – coming soon
- TiAL Sport - Turbocharger
- S3 Powersports – Fastback Cage & Titan Axles
- Shock Therapy – Shock Calibration
- Halo – Front Differential
- CT Raceworx – Front lower A arms and rear pull plate
- MoTeC Middle East – PNP ECU & Dash
- Brandon MoTeCEVP
- STM Powersports – Primary and secondary clutches
- EVP custom drag race clutch calibration
- Jeffries Performance – Carbon fiber dash
- Corona Motor Worx – Fuel pump wiring harness
- Sand Tires Unlimited – Tires
- DWT – Wheels
Stock Turbo Class
Entering the Stock Turbo Class was EVP’s R&D test-bed vehicle used for development and testing all X3 RR stock turbo, consumer-based tunes and packages. The 2020 Can Am X3 RR XDS has a stock engine, stock turbo daily driver trail machine with a full stereo, mud fenders and subwoofer system. The car was running the unreleased Vmap 3 Stage Multi-Map 91/100 Octane Tune and Drag Race OEM Clutch Package. Even though the Stock Turbo Class is supposed to be for stock (unmodified) turbo vehicles, at least two of the other vehicles in the class were running larger billet wheel turbos, but EVP didn’t let that deter them. With the extra weight and stock turbo handicaps, Team EVP held off the competition and took First Place!
2020 Can Am X3 RR Product Rundown:
- EVP 3 Stage Multi Map 91/100 Octane Tune – Coming Soon
- EVP Drag Race Clutching for OEM Clutches – Coming Soon
- MB Quart Stage 3 Sound System – MB
- Lonestar Racing Roof for the OEM Cage
Get a glimpse of what its like to be a part of EVP's winning Race Team as the all-new Desert Storm car debuts and the team sweeps the podium at Little Sahara 2020!