Evolution Powersports (EVP) a leader in the powersports industry for software tuning, exhaust systems, intake systems, clutching and turbo systems is proud to introduce our “BLIZZARD” Maverick X3 High Efficiency Intercooler. High intake air temperatures are the enemy of a turbocharged engine and our intercooler is designed to combat this.
How Intercoolers Work
Intercoolers work by reducing the temperature of the charge air from the turbo prior to entering the engine. In simple mechanical terms, cooler air is denser than hot air and denser air generates more power at the same boost pressure. From the ECU side of things, the final ignition calculation is dependent on feedback from the TMAP (Temperature Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor located on the intake manifold. This sensor measures the pressure and temperature of the air before it enters the engine. When racing or duning, the longer the engine operates at high boost, the higher the intake temperature climbs. Once the temperature reaches a certain threshold, the ECU begins to pull timing to minimize the likelihood of detonation due to high intake temps which in turn reduces power. By installing our higher flow and more efficient BLIZZARD intercooler, a greater amount of heat can be removed from the boosted air which creates a cooler / denser air charge for improved power while maintaining optimum ignition timing for more consistent power.
Design & Testing
Through extensive Solidworks CAD / flow analysis and real world testing, we developed a highly efficient direct replacement intercooler which removes more heat and outperforms the OEM cooler. At 4.5″ thick, our BLIZZARD intercooler is about 50% larger than the factory intercooler while still retaining the OEM intercooler fan. Our testing showed a 20 degree F reduction of intake temperatures compared to the OEM intercooler. Our end tanks are cast aluminum for optimal design and strength. The inside of each end tank is polished for maximum flow while withstanding up to 40 pounds of boost! Our stringent R&D testing and manufacturing procedures ensure optimized results with better than OEM quality and performance.
Race Proven, these are not just words; this is how we test our products to ensure the highest quality standards. The proven performance gains from our BLIZZARD intercooler are no different. Our intercooler stood up to the most adverse conditions parts can endure and withstood the grueling challenge of the Baja 1000. It has also been proven in BITD and Lucas Off-road Series Races where it helped produce many victories including a BITD Champion during our extensive R&D process. When you purchase and install our intercooler or any product for that matter, you can rest assured that we have tested them to withstand the punishment of the off-road environment.
– CAD engineered, cast aluminum end tanks that are designed for maximize flow & efficiency
– Significant reduction of intake air temperature. Denser air charge equals more horsepower
– Helps keep ignition timing optimized which in turn keeps full power longer
– Direct replacement reusing the OEM intercooler fan
– Up to 20 degree reduction in charge air temperature compared to the OEM intercooler
– Easy 100% Bolt-On Installation (Requires modification of OEM plastic trim ring)
– Approximately 50% larger than the OEM intercooler
– Extensively tested in desert, short course and cross country racing
– Complete BLIZZARD Intercooler w/ provisions to mount OEM intercooler fan
– Installation Instructions w/ diagram to trim the OEM intercooler cover
Maverick X3 BLIZZARD Intercooler Applications:
– 17-19 Maverick X3 Turbo / MAX (154 HP, 172 HP) Models
– 18-19 Maverick X3 Turbo / MAX 120 HP Base Model*
*Required OEM or EVP Charge tubes. Requires EVP performance ECU Software for optimal results
Part Number: IC-CAMX3T-ICE
Website Link: EVP BLIZZARD Intercooler