EVP Air/Oil Separator Catch Can Kit for Polaris RZR Turbo R, Pro XP & XP Turbo/S
What is an air/oil separator catch can and why do you need one?
RZR’s put out more crankcase pressure than practically any side-by-side, and the pressure tends to vary from vehicle to vehicle. The factory recirculates crankcase air back into the intake. This air contains oil, moisture and other combustion byproducts which contaminates the air that is being fed to the turbocharger. The oil- and water-infused air coats the turbocharger compressor blades, charge tubes, intercooler and intake valves. It can also change the air/fuel ratio and lower the effective octane of the mixture being introduced into the cylinder. Oil has a very low knock threshold, therefore the more oil contained in the incoming air, the lower the effective knock protection of whatever fuel is being used.
The new-and-improved EVP Air/Oil Separator Catch Can was redesigned specifically for RZR models to combat and eliminate the issues described above. Our CNC-machined billet aluminum separator mounts to the frame rail above the clutch housing. The OEM crankcase vent hose is simply rerouted to the all-new and included EV Billet Manifold that mounts directly to the engine. The EVP-designed manifold improves overall performance with its internal baffle feature that better regulates flow through the hose for improved overall performance.
The new internal baffle design with perforated stainless steel cylinder as well as additional steel screening optimizes the correct oil-infused vapor condensation. This allows the oil to separate from the mixture and also prevents it from further syphoning out, letting the vapor escape via the filter for better performance.
EVP Air/Oil Separator Catch Can kits also include a high-quality filter element, pre-filter, and now feature a new petcock-style bottom draining valve for clean periodic emptying of the contaminants. Emptying the excess contents is now quicker, hassle free, and leaves zero mess on you or your surroundings — a great new feature of the updated EVP Catch Can design.
Additionally, a silicone cap is supplied to block off the port on the intake boot where the OEM breather hose is connected. All hardware is stainless steel and the body of the separator is powder coated black. The billet cap can be clocked in 45-degree increments to allow virtually any installation orientation. Not only that, because the cap is removable, the catch can can be disassembled if desired to fully clean out the contents.
- All-new billet manifold with internal baffle regulates flow through the crankcase hose
- Body/canister features an integrated perforated stainless steel baffle to further prevent oil syphoning back out
- Additional stainless steel screen packing for enhanced air/oil vapor separation
- New petcock-style release valve for hassle-free draining of the catch can with zero mess
- Entire body including frame mount is machined from a solid block of 6160-T6 aluminum with no welding to crack or break
- Simple, easy installation
- Shipped ready for mounting on the RZR frame, however, the billet cap can be rotated in 45-degree increments to allow virtually any other mounting location
- Anodized black with stainless hardware
- Reuses OEM crankcase vent hose
- Includes a billet anodized oil fill cap/port for maximum crankcase pressure relief
- Prevents oil and moisture from contaminating the turbo compressor, charge tubes and intercooler
- Prevents oil from lowering the effective octane of the incoming air/fuel mixture
- Cleanable filter element and pre-filter included
- Thumbscrew drain for easy periodic draining
- Proudly handcrafted in the USA