2016-2019 DEFENDER HD 10
2020 - 2023 DEFENDER HD10
The Can Am Defender is an awesome sport/utility/work vehicle. EVP has worked their magic and through tuning and exhaust components and have achieved significant horsepower gains through timing, fueling, torque limit modifications, rev limits, speed limits, etc.
We also build additional safety into our tune by lowering the fan on temperature.The OEM fan on temperature is is too high (well over 200 deg F). In addition the fan on/off temperatures can be set for each customer depending upon where they live and the conditions typically ridden in. Other great features are added and/or changed to enhance the drivability and fun factor of the vehicle. Evolution Powersports has vast knowledge of the Can Am Bosch ECU and Can Am V-twin engine as we were one of the only companies that tuned the original Maverick 1000.
We have brought this expertise to the Defender market to extract the most performance from the vehicle as possible with just bolt on parts and tuning. Your ecu can be sent to our Somerset WI facility for reprogramming or you can also have your ECU Programming completed by one of our Flashing Dealers (see Dealers section for a list of dealers with flash capability). Evolution Powersports always makes it easy to upgrade your tune in the future - you only pay for the difference in tune cost plus shipping. Plus if you ever need the vehicle returned to stock for warranty purposes, we will flash it back to stock, and put the tune back in it after dealer service for free! You only pay for shipping.
2016-’19 PERFORMANCE FEATURES:
- Rev limiter raised
- 100% throttle
- Improved throttle response in all modes (E-gas improved)
- Improved ignition timing advance optimized for 91 octane
- Fueling adjusted for aftermarket components (intakes, exhaust, race pipes) for optimal air-fuel ratios
- No need to “piggyback” fuel controller with our reflash for most bolt-on mods
- Engine speed TQ limiters removed “Shaft Saver Delete”
- V-Max deletes (speed limiter removed)
2020+ PERFORMANCE FEATURES: • Left-foot braking for 2-foot operation
- Speed limits raised in high and low gear
- Torque limits removed in high and low gear
- High- and low-gear rev limits increased from 8000 to 8500 RPM
- V-Max raised
- Improved throttle response
- Engine fans turn on at 192 degrees, turn off at 186 degrees
- Race-Start: No need to press the brake to start the engine
- Each Stage runs 91 octane