What is an oil catch can and why do you need one? The factory recirculates crankcase air back into the intake. This air contains oil, moisture and other combustion byproducts which contaminates the air that is being fed to the turbocharger. The oil and water infused air coats the turbocharger compressor blades, charge tubes, intercooler and intake valves. It can also change the air/fuel ratio and lower the effective octane of the mixture being introduced into the cylinder. Oil has a very low knock threshold, therefore the more oil contained in the incoming air, the lower the effective knock protection of whatever fuel is being used.
The new-and-improved EVP Catch Can Kit was redesigned with new features to combat and eliminate the issues described above for stock power level X3's up to high-horsepower monster X3's. Our CNC-machined billet aluminum separator mounts to the frame rail above the clutch housing. The OEM crankcase vent hose is simply rerouted to the new location for significantly improved performance.
The all-new internal baffle design features a perforated stainless steel cylinder plus additional steel screening to help the oil-infused vapors condensate correctly. This allows the oil to separate from the mixture and also prevents it from further syphoning out, letting the vapor escape via the filter for improved overall performance.
All EVP Catch Can kits also include a high-quality filter element, pre-filter, and now come equipped with a new petcock-style draining valve at the bottom for clean periodic emptying of the contaminants. Emptying the excess contents is now quicker, hassle free, and will leave zero mess on you or your surroundings ‚Äî a great new feature of the updated EVP Catch Can design.
A silicone cap is supplied to block off the port on the intake boot where the OEM breather hose is connected. All hardware is stainless steel and the body of the separator is powder coated black. The billet cap can be clocked in 45-degree increments to allow virtually any installation orientation. Not only that, because the cap is removable, the catch can can be disassembled if desired to fully clean out the contents.
- Body/canister features an integrated perforated stainless steel baffle to further prevent oil syphoning back out
- Additional stainless steel screen packing for enhanced air/oil vapor separation
- New petcock-style release valve for hassle-free periodic draining with zero mess
- Entire body including frame mount is machined from a solid block of 6160-T6 aluminum with no welding to crack or break
- Simple, easy installation
- Shipped ready for mounting on the X3 frame, however, the billet cap can be rotated in 45-degree increments to allow virtually any other mounting location
- Anodized black with stainless hardware
- Designed for the Can Am X3
- Reuses OEM crankcase vent hose - no additional fittings to mess with
- Prevents oil and moisture from contaminating the turbo compressor, charge tubes and intercooler
- Prevents oil from lowering the effective octane of the incoming air/fuel mixture
- Filter element and prefilter included
- PROUDLY made in the USA by US craftsman