Can Am Maverick X3 Air/ Oil Separator Catch Can
Write a review below
- NEW - entire body including frame mount is machined from a solid block of 6160-T6 aluminum with no welding to crack or break.
- Simple, easy installation
- Shipped ready for mounting on the X3 frame, however, the billet cap can be rotated in 45 degree increments to allow virtually any other mounting location
- Internally baffled with Stainless Steel screening to promote the proper separation of the air/oil vapor
- Anodized black with stainless hardware
- Designed for the Can Am X3
- Reuses OEM crankcase vent hose - no additional fittings to mess with
- Prevents oil and moisture from contaminating the turbo compressor, charge tubes and intercooler
- Prevents oil from lowering the effective octane of the incoming air/fuel mixture
- Cleanable filter element and prefilter included
- Thumbscrew drain for easy periodic draining
- PROUDLY made in the USA by US craftsman
What is an air/oil separator or catch can and why do you need one? The factory recirculates crankcase air back into the intake. This air contains oil, moisture and other combustion byproducts which contaminates the air that is being fed to the turbocharger. The oil and water infused air coats the turbocharger compressor blades, charge tubes, intercooler and intake valves. It can also change the air/fuel ratio and lower the effective octane of the mixture being introduced into the cylinder. Oil has a very low knock threshold, therefore the more oil contained in the incoming air, the lower the effective knock protection of whatever fuel is being used.
The EVP Air/Oil Separator or Catch Can is designed specifically for the Can Am X3 and eliminates the issues described above. Our CNC machined billet aluminum separator mounts to the frame rail above the clutch housing. The OEM crankcase vent hose is simply rerouted to the new location. The EVP separator has a cleanable filter element, pre filter and features a port at the bottom for periodic emptying of the contaminants. A silicone cap is supplied to block off the port on the intake boot where the OEM breather hose is connected. All hardware is stainless steel and the body of the separator is powder coated black. The billet cap can be clocked in 45 degree increments to allow virtually any installation orientation. Not only that, because the cap is removable, the catch can can be disassembled if desired to fully clean out the contents. Our catch can is internally baffled with a stainless steel screening to help the oil infused air condensate correctly - this allows the oil to separate out of the mixture and the vapor to escape via the filter.
My car is absolutely insane. LOVE it. Thank you for everything. Zero issues and even in 95 degree ambient it's not over heating dining or anything. This power dining is 100% perfect. Car is a beast. You guys Rock! - Dynomite Turbo Kit
Evolution Powersports has a reputation of the utmost quality and attention to detail on every product they design. From within the industry and outside, I have heard nothing but great things about this company and my experience has been the same. If you are looking to make more reliable power this company can get you there. Both customer service and product design are top notch and they stand behind their work!
Don’t spend much of your money here unless you want gobs and gobs of reliable power
I wouldn’t go with another company if you payed me
If you truly want to build your project with the best possible parts available, buy EVO. They not only build with the best materials they test and test to make sure you are getting the performance gains they say you will but that the mods will be safe and keep the reliability of the machine as high as possible. Thanks again to both Jim and Todd. Keep it up guys!
Great customer service!
I have had such a great experience with EVO over the course of a year, I wouldn’t even try going anywhere else. Prices are fair and the performance you receive is unreal!!