2021 Maverick X3 195HP Turbo RR Shift-Tek Ultimate Clutch Kit
Write a review below
Developed and Engineered Specifically for 2021RR X3!
EVP Shift-Tek Clutch Kits are well known for their adjustability and versatility technology, both of which play a key role to winning success. Clutching changes are necessary to keep the power in the proper RPM range and with our innovative billet helix design, adjusting the RPMS is a very simple 5-minute job for the racer or enthusiast.
All Shift-Tek kits include our proprietary high-engagement primary spring and torsion secondary spring, our custom geometry weights which improve the overall shift, making them quicker to react and deliver the power. Additionally, as heavier, more aggressive weights are added for high HP applications, generally the engagement RPM will drop which is solved with our primary spring. The billet helix is custom tailored specifically for the 2021RR power level and riding style. Due to the unique design features and adjustability built into each Shift-Tek clutch kit, getting it dialed in for different riding conditions (trail and sand) is a simple task.
- Primary Spring
- Secondary Spring
- 6 Arm Weights
- Billet Adjustable Helix with Billet Bearing Housing
- Non-Marring tip for the OEM belt changing tool
- Billet Sheave Holder to adjust the Billet Helix Cap
- Detailed instructions for proper setup and riding styles
|KIT||EVP TUNE||ENGINE POWER LEVEL||USE|
|ST-2021RR 3R-91||STOCK to STAGE 3R-91||205-220 HP||SAND OR TRAIL|
|ST-2021RR 3R-93||STAGE 3R-93||220-235 HP||SAND OR TRAIL|
|ST-2021RR X100-X85||STAGE 4-X100 & 5-X85||235-250 HP||SAND OR TRAIL|
Evolution Powersports' Ultimate clutching packages are the best setups designed to deliver maximum performance, adjustability, versatility & belt life.
Both trail and sand setups can be achieved with the components provided in each clutch kit due to the wide range of adjustability the Shift-Tek clutch kits allow. Detailed instructions are included to help guide the installer to a proper setup for most tire selections and riding styles.
If for some reason the packages listed below do not work for your vehicle or if you plan power upgrades in the future – no problem! EVP allows you to trade in weights* for heavier or lighter depending upon what your vehicle needs. This is a no fee service – you only pay for shipping both ways. Our knowledgeable sales staff can help you in dialing vehicle.
THE EVP DIFFERENCE
Clutch Weights: The EVP Shift-Tek primary weights have many innovative features which set them apart from the others on the market.
- Our weights are made from hardened carbon steel which make them much stronger compared to other weights on the market which can break under hard use.
- EVP Shift-Tek weights are different color zinc coated which add another layer of protection while keeping them looking new and to aid in identification during installation.
- The primary clutch must remain balanced therefore weights of the same color are installed opposite one another. Since some kits require 3 different mass weights, having them color coded eliminates any confusion.
- Our built in, shouldered bushing is a unique feature that only our weights have.
- By having the bushing machined and pressed into the arm, it eliminates the need to reinstall the OEM washers on each side of the weight which is frustrating especially if you lose one during installation.
- The OEM weights have a very shallow or flat arc which contributes to a lazy shift pattern.
- Our weights have a more aggressive arc which makes for much quicker upshift and backshift.
- Additionally, except for our big turbo applications where additional mass is required, the weights are kept thin without excessive mass on the tip for quicker backshift.
Billet Helix / Bearing Housing: The EVP billet adjustable secondary helix and bearing housing is not only a work of art but adds a new level of functionality and adjustability to the OEM secondary clutch. Borrowing experience from our early snowmobiling days, we wanted to make it easy to adjust the torsion spring which in turn drastically affects the operating rpm of the engine. Many consumers don’t understand how the spring holes effect the shift pattern or how to change it in the stock helix. Complicating matters is the difficulty involved in disassembly/reassembly and requiring specialty tools for the OEM setup. Once installed, the EVP Shift-Tek billet helix and bearing housing solves these issues by easily allowing 90 degrees of spring tension adjustment without disassembling the clutch. The advantage is you can increase or decrease your operating rpm just by changing the clocking of the billet bearing housing in relationship to the helix.
- Adjustments are performed in 10 degree increments simply by loosening the outer socket head cap screws and twisting the cap to the next recessed bolt locations.
- A customer can take an X3 setup for trail and bring the vehicle to the dunes with only minor clutching adjustments!
- Our unique setup allows up to 400 rpm of adjustment with a simple rotation of the bearing cap.
- Another unique feature of our bearing housing is a 30% increase of the integrated bushing.
- Increased bearing surface area equals better sheave parallelism which in turn means more consistent belt grip and belt life.
Clutch Springs: Our proprietary springs are manufactured from the highest quality Chrome Silicon steel, then shot peened and preset to relive stress for a long life.
- Our different primary springs are matched to the different clutch weights / clutch kits to deliver the desired engagement RPM’s.
Finally, we engineered the boss on the bearing housing to have an inverted cone shape so sand, dirt and water is ejected from the sliding surface rather than sticking to the surfaces which can damage the bushing. During testing of our clutching components, we drove with the clutch cover off to make sure they would be durable in sandy and dusty conditions however WE ALWAYS recommend driving with the clutch cover ON.
Shift-Tek clutch kits and components have been race tested during the 2019 & 2020 BITD and Lucas Off-road series and 2021 tune testing on the Turbo RR with exceptional results including numerous podiums and championships. Besides great race results, our car that raced the BITD Vegas to Reno (550 race miles) with this complete clutch package (billet helix, weights and springs) completed the race on the same EVP World’s Best Belt. Race tested means these components will hold up to virtually any abuse our customers can throw at them. Besides desert and cross-country race testing, we have also tested in the dunes of Glamis, Dumont, Little Sahara and St. Anthony to ensure both durability of the components and belt life. Shift-Tek clutch kits and Badass Race Series belts provide unmatched performance, adjustability and belt life for any vehicle setup from mild to wild.
My car is absolutely insane. LOVE it. Thank you for everything. Zero issues and even in 95 degree ambient it's not over heating dining or anything. This power dining is 100% perfect. Car is a beast. You guys Rock! - Dynomite Turbo Kit
Evolution Powersports has a reputation of the utmost quality and attention to detail on every product they design. From within the industry and outside, I have heard nothing but great things about this company and my experience has been the same. If you are looking to make more reliable power this company can get you there. Both customer service and product design are top notch and they stand behind their work!
Don’t spend much of your money here unless you want gobs and gobs of reliable power
I wouldn’t go with another company if you payed me
If you truly want to build your project with the best possible parts available, buy EVO. They not only build with the best materials they test and test to make sure you are getting the performance gains they say you will but that the mods will be safe and keep the reliability of the machine as high as possible. Thanks again to both Jim and Todd. Keep it up guys!
Great customer service!
I have had such a great experience with EVO over the course of a year, I wouldn’t even try going anywhere else. Prices are fair and the performance you receive is unreal!!