2017-2021 Can Am Maverick X3 Desert Storm Gen3 Turbo System 2.0
Write a review below
WHEN WINNING IS EVERYTHING!
The Desert Storm Turbo Upgrade System is the WINNINGEST Turbo System in both sanctioned and unsanctioned racing than any other family of turbo kits on the market!
- Our “Desert Storm” X3 with the DS-420RX turbo system won the prestigious Sand Outlaw Series Overall Championship in 2020
- EVP customers X3's with the DS-420RX turbo system also dominated the Sand Outlaw Series. At many races, Desert Storm cars finished with a 1-2-3 sweep!
- Randy Schroeder (with clutching help from H&H Performance) won the 2020 Sparta 300 in Michigan
With hundreds of kits out in the sand, if you're not running a DS Kit, odds are you've seen the taillights of one!
SELECT YOUR YEAR
SELECT YOUR POWER LEVEL
CHOOSE LAUNCH CONTROL UPGRADE (NOT REQUIRED)
Gen3 TiAL Turbochargers with revised ECU calibrations have arrived! Two Versions available and both Turbochargers are direct replacement for the OEM Turbo, meaning no custom exhaust fabrication is needed.
- 68mm Compressor with X2C Cover 76mm Anti-Surge (Ported) Inlet
- Up to 420HP with Stock ECU
- Up to 450HP with MoTec ECU*
- 71mm Compressor with X2C Cover and 76mm Anti-Surge (Ported) Inlet: Up to 550 horsepower*
- 420HP with Stock ECU
- 420-550HP with MoTec ECU*
*These power goals require additional supporting modifications including a complete Stage 2 Engine Build.
Many hours of R&D were spent testing and refining the new Gen3 Desert Storm Turbo Systems. These latest generation 68mm turbos net about 4% more horsepower than the Gen1 and Gen2 X1C cover turbos. The additional horsepower comes from increased efficiency of the larger compressor housing combined with the recently revised compressor aerodynamics. The 68mm version has enough cfm for 450 horsepower with quick spool characteristics. The 71mm is capable of 550 horsepower for all-out mind-bending acceleration with slightly slower turbo spool. Both versions have a billet aluminum, ball bearing CHRA to ensure maximum durability under extreme boost power levels.
POWER LEVELS EXPLAINED
EVP has been tuning and building X3’s for longer than any other company period. We know the limitations of each OEM engine component and build each system to fit within these constraints. Each power level we offer is designed to be easily upgradable to the next Level with minimal hardware changes so as your performance requirements change, upgrading to the next level is easy. Also, most of the turbo systems have tuning available for a variety of fuels including 91 octane, so you're not stuck with race gas or E85 tunes all the time. Our Power Levels are so well-dialed that to change to a pump fuel setup, all that is required in most cases is to drain the fuel and reFlash the ECU to the tune that corresponds to the fuel octane!
ALL POWER LEVELS INCLUDE:
- Desert Storm Gen3 68mm Turbocharger
- Factory ECU Flash with optional 2-Step Launch Control upgrade (an EVP Exclusive)
- EVP Fuel Pump Upgrade Kit with pnp Adapter Harness
- Silicone Turbo-to-Intercooler Upper Charge Tube with Clamps
- Silicone Intercooler-to-Throttle Body Charge Tube with Clamps
- Genuine Bosch Fuel Injector Set (Direct Replacement)
- Genuine Bosch 4-Bar Map Sensors
- EVP V-Flow Intake with Custom Big Turbo Boot
- EVP Billet Vent-to-Atmosphere BOV Kit
POWER LEVEL: DS-280
280HP on 100 Octane fuel! For stock engine vehicles. This kit was designed for the customer who wants substantially more power than the OEM turbocharger can deliver with minimal hardware changes. It's also an easy upgrade for those who are already running our 2017-2021 Big Injector Flash (as some components will be reused). A great kit for those wanting to build up to their ultimate Power Level in stages.
Includes everything listed above and:
- 24 psi of Boost on 100 Octane Fuel
- 91 & 100 Octane Tunes (No hardware changes required to switch between tunes)
POWER LEVEL: DS-320
320+HP on 110 Octane or E85 fuel! For stock engine vehicles with EVP head studs (included). This kit was designed for the customer who is willing to upgrade a few more components which will allow them to make another 40HP over the DS-280 kit. This is also a great building-block for our higher Staged Turbo Systems.
Includes everything found in DS-280 and:
- 29 psi of Boost on 110 and E85 Fuel
- 91, 100 & 110 Octane and E85 Tunes (No hardware changes required to switch between tunes)
- EVP Race Intercooler
- "The Clamp" Plenum Reinforcement Brace (Allows use of the OEM plenum which can break without reinforcement)
- ARP2000 9mm Head Stud Kit
- If upgrading to a higher Power Level in the future, our EVP 9-10mm Custom Age 625 Head Stud Kit can be substituted for an additional upgrade charge
POWER LEVEL: DS-355SCR
Ludicrous speed enabled! 355HP on 110 and E85 fuel - This is by far the most fun and popular big turbo system we sell! Responsive on the bottom end with an eye-watering top end performance. It's an easy upgrade from the DS-320; only change injectors and head studs*. This turbo system is designed for stock or lightly built engines and includes EVP Custom Age 625 Head Studs (included). MoTec Standalone ECU Packages Available.
*Requires STM Primary Clutch
Includes everything found in DS-320 and:
34 psi of Boost on 110 and E85 Fuel
91 & 110 Octane and E85 Tunes (No hardware changes required to switch between tunes)
EVP XR Series Custom Age 625 Head Stud Kit
These are 9mm at the block so they are direct replacement but 10mm where they come through the head. The nut is the weakest part of the stud so this gives us additional clamping force on the head while still being direct replacement; an EVP Exclusive.
Injector Dynamics High-Flow Injectors
POWER LEVEL: DS-395SCR:
395 horsepower on E85 fuel! For lightly built engines (CP/Carrillo pistons and connecting rods). Includes a plug and play rising rate fuel system (included). Motec Standalone ECU package available.
Included in the box:
- All items in the DS-355 plus
- 37-39 psi boost on E85
- Factory ECU tuned with EVP launch control option.
- EVP Race intercooler
- EVP Custom Age 625 head studs.
- These are 9mm at the block, so they are direct replacement, but 10mm where they come through the head. The nut is the weakest part of the stud, so this gives us additional clamping force on the head while still being direct replacement. These studs are only available from EVP.
- Injector Dynamics high flow injectors
- Rising rate fuel system
- EVP Torrent F high flow intake plenum
- 71mm turbo optional
Required but not included:
- Full Exhaust
ALL POWER LEVELS BELOW REQUIRE COMPLETE ENGINE BUILDS
Our 420 & 500 Power Level Kits incorporate complete engine builds which pushes the limits of the turbocharger while delivering unmatched power and performance. These Levels are for the EXTREME customer that needs to have ALL that this turbo has to offer. Please call us and ask for Dan at 715-781-6541 in our race department for additional details and purchase.
POWER LEVEL: DS-420X
Requires an EVP Stage 2 Closed Deck, Sleeved Block. Factory ECU tuned with EVP Launch Control Option. E85 only. 40 psi of boost on E85.
Includes everything found in DS-355SCR and:
- Rising Rate Fuel System
- EVP Torrent-F High Flow Intake Plenum
- EVP XR Series Camshafts
- 68 or 71mm Turbocharger
- Motec Standalone ECU package available
POWER LEVEL: DS-500RX
Requires an EVP Stage 2 Closed Deck, Sleeved Block and EVP Stage 2 head with oversize valves. With EVP 2-Step Launch Control option. E85 only. 45+ psi of boost on E85. Motec ECU package required.
Includes everything found in DS-450RX and:
- 71mm Turbocharger
- All turbo systems require a full exhaust and clutching which can be purchased separately.
- 2017 Models require the 2018+ OEM fuel pump assembly. This must be purchased prior to Turbo System purchase and install.
- Please call our sales department for custom configurations. If you already own some of the kit components, the retail price of those items can be directly subtracted from the turbo upgrade kit price. For example if you have an EVP big injector, stock turbo tune with a V-Flow intake, the injector set and V-Flow intake retail prices can be subtracted from the kit cost.
My car is absolutely insane. LOVE it. Thank you for everything. Zero issues and even in 95 degree ambient it's not over heating dining or anything. This power dining is 100% perfect. Car is a beast. You guys Rock! - Dynomite Turbo Kit
Evolution Powersports has a reputation of the utmost quality and attention to detail on every product they design. From within the industry and outside, I have heard nothing but great things about this company and my experience has been the same. If you are looking to make more reliable power this company can get you there. Both customer service and product design are top notch and they stand behind their work!
Don’t spend much of your money here unless you want gobs and gobs of reliable power
I wouldn’t go with another company if you payed me
If you truly want to build your project with the best possible parts available, buy EVO. They not only build with the best materials they test and test to make sure you are getting the performance gains they say you will but that the mods will be safe and keep the reliability of the machine as high as possible. Thanks again to both Jim and Todd. Keep it up guys!
Great customer service!
I have had such a great experience with EVO over the course of a year, I wouldn’t even try going anywhere else. Prices are fair and the performance you receive is unreal!!