As with all technology, time allows for progress that provides benefits to the consumer. EVOPS/Alien Motion batteries utilize Lithium Ferrous (LiFePO4) cells that have been specifically designed for to provide the highest amount of current output at a wider range of ambient temperatures. Lithium Ferrous cell technology has only been available on a widely distributed basis for the last 3-4 years. The price has now fallen to the point where the our battery is a cost effective alternative to traditional starter batteries. The most striking difference between the two batteries is in energy density. An EVOPS/Alien Motion cell has 3-4 times the energy density of a lead acid cell. The result is that you get much more cranking power for the equivalent size and weight. When offering the same cranking power, our battery will be much smaller and lighter than it’s lead acid replacement. Another advantage of our batteries is their very low self discharge rate. What this means to you, is that your battery will not lose significant amounts of charge while the battery is not in use. This makes long term storage of your vehicle a simple proposition as long as there is no connected draw on the battery. Our 12 Ah battery is one of the most powerful available and is ideal for 4 stroke snowmobiles and UTV’s.
- Weight – 1640g (3lb 10oz)!!!
- Cutting Edge LiFePO4 Technology
- Dimensions 160MM (6.3″) W x 85MM (3.35″) L x 120MM (4.73″) H
- Designed, Engineered, and Assembled in the USA
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
- 3-4 Times the Energy Density of lead acid
- Mount in any Direction
- Weather Resistant Construction
- Low Rate of Discharge
- Adequate to start a Arctic Cat 1100T or Yamaha Apex/Nytro to -30 Deg F when using the recommended battery warm up proceedure