NOTE: Tuning prices listed include the 2018 X3-R Fuel Pump Assembly. If you already have an EVP 2017 X3 Ecu program and want to upgrade to the 18 spec programs or if you have already purchased the 18 X3-R fuel pump, please call our sales department at 715-247-3862. They will help with pricing.
2017 X3 ECU Programming – 2018 Specs with Fuel Pump – The development for these tunes consisted of 2000+ dyno runs in our state of the art, climate controlled dyno room. They were then field testing on the trails, desert, dunes and high altitude for driveability and long term durability. We endured 110+ degree California weather to ensure performance at extreme temperatures. After the rigorous field testing routing was completed, they were further proven and refined on the track with our sponsored driver race program.
Evolution Powersports works with top racers in the industry such Marc Burnett, Dustin Jones, Kyle Chaney, Tim Farr, Lonestar, Sean Cook, Elliot Burns, Casey Scherer and others. 6 out of the top 10 drivers in the Lucas Oil Midwest series used EVP tunes & products to help get them to the podium. EVP programming and products are also used by top drivers in GNCC, BITD and SCORE race series with countless podiums. We are confident our tunes are the most powerful, refined and safest tunes on the market. Also, EVP owns 3 development Can AM X3’s. This allows us to do parallel development on stock turbo, consumer tunes while engineering next level products and tunes.
Starting in 2018, Can Am began using a different fuel pump housing which allows us to make more power than the 17 tunes. The 17->18 spec programs are all VERY potent and have excellent driveability.
- “R” designation = the turbo wastegate crack pressure must be adjusted for higher boost (see our video on how to do this here)
- “W” designation = a replacement wastegate actuator is included with the tune
- “i” designation = big injector tune and includes flow matched injectors
- New – “X” designation = EXTREME power and is the maximum that can be achieved with the stock turbocharger
- Stage 1 – 16 lbs of boost for stock exhaust – 91 Octane
- Stage 2R- 17 lbs of boost for stock muffler with Cat Bypass – 91 Octane Stage
- 3R- 17 lbs of boost for full exhaust – 91 Octane Stage
- 3Ri- 17.5 lbs of boost for full exhaust – 91 Octane
- Stage 3RWi- 18 lbs of boost, full exhaust – 93 Octane
- Stage 4RWi- 20 lbs of boost, full exhaust – 95 Octane
- New – “Vmap” Multi Map Stage 4RWi-MM – 20 lbs of boost on Sport mode and 15 lbs of boost on Eco mode – 95/91 Octane
- New – Stage 4RWi-X100 -22 lbs of boost, full exhaust – 100 Octane – See updated dyno chart in product photos!
- Stage 5RWi- 20 lbs of boost, full exhaust – E85 New – Stage 5RWi-X85 – 22 lbs of boost, full exhaust – E85 – See updated dyno chart in product photos!
- New – Revised intercooler fan settings – makes the OEM intercooler far more effective!
- New – Left foot braking enabled for 2 foot operation
- New – Improved boost response / low to midrange power improvements
- New – Launch button for drag racing available – Our on/off switch replaces the OEM override switch which allows Launch Start from a standstill and prevents “low gear” mode. This allows operation of the gas pedal and brake pedal at the same time from a standstill to launch the car HARD!
- Speed limits raised / TQ limits removed in Low Gear
- Low Gear rev limit increased from 8300 to 8600 RPMS (Stages 1,2,2R,3) and 9000 RPMS (Stages 3R & above)
- Speed / TQ limits removed in High Gear
- High Gear rev limit increased from 8300 to 8600 RPMS (Stages 1,2,2R,3) and 9000 RPMS (Stages 3R & above)
- Engine Speed TQ Limiters removed (“Shaft Saver delete”)
- V-Max Raised
- Improved throttle response in all modes (E-Gas Settings Improved) – Linear throttle rather than the lazy pedal the factory has programmed
- Fans set to activate at 165 degrees
- Race Start – No need to press the brake to start vehicle
- Fueling is corrected for the various stages so no fuel controllers are needed